> On 2/3/06, zedshaw / zedshaw.com <zedshaw / zedshaw.com> wrote:
>>
>> Did you make sure to require rubygems first?  Here's my install:
<snip>

> Nope, different error now.  (Other gems work just fine, so I don't think
> it's my gem install)
>
> irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
> => true
> irb(main):002:0> require 'mongrel'
> NameError: uninitialized constant Mongrel
>         from ./mongrel.rb:4
>         from
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
> `require'
>         from (irb):2
> irb(main):003:0>

Are you sure that you don't have any previous versions of Mongrel
installed via source?  Or is ./mongrel.rb a file you're working on that's
getting loaded when you do require?  The reason I ask is "from
./mongrel.rb:4" means that you're trying to use Mongrel modules at line 4.
 When I look at line 4 of the mongrel.rb library it's a "require
'stringio'" line.  So, that error has to be coming from somewhere else.

Make sure you can identify all the "mongrel.rb" files on your system and
that you're not loading the wrong one on accident.

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/