why the lucky stiff wrote:
> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>
>> Hey, _why, what do you think about allowing YAML to dump/load Class and
>> Module objects rather than gagging? I've posted code like the following
>> (different versions for 1.8.2 and 1.8.4) several times in response to
>> inquiries on ruby-talk, and found it useful myself.
>>

> I've been reluctant, because reloading these objects causes trouble if
> you haven't required the right libraries.  But I think if YAML's error
> message was okay, it would work.

I thought about rescuing and re-raising the exception as a different
exception class, but maybe it is better to leave it as it is:

NameError: uninitialized constant Foo

This is the same exception you would get if you loaded a script file.

The way Marshal does it (in the case of a dumped class that is loaded
without having the class definition required) is:

ArgumentError: undefined class/module Foo

Maybe that's how YAML should do it for consistency?

I'd be happy with either way.

> Oh and the best place for getting Syck requests through is now here:
> http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/syck/newticket

Thanks!