After years of programming in C++, Java et al my new job used Smalltalk
which I have now been completely sold on :) I would like to progress
into Ruby with it being similar and one of the up and coming dynamic
languages of choice. Still don't understand why Smalltalk isn't more
popular though lol.

However the thing I probably most like is the binary image and multiple
window IDE with Smalltalk; navigation through code seems so much easier
than file based. Is there a Ruby IDE that anyone can recommend that will
make me want to choose it over Smalltalk?