On 2/2/06, Phil Tomson <ptkwt / aracnet.com> wrote:

> In the future, I'd like to build on RHDL (Ruby as an HDL) so that it can
> generate VHDL as an output.  At that point then the inlined 'language' would
> be RHDL (really a Ruby-based DSL).  Also, at some point it would be good to
> support FpgaC which is an open source C programming environment for FPGAs.

I really don't know anything about actual (as opposed to armchair
quarterback) hardware design, but I would have sworn one of the
presentations at RubyConf 2005 included a brief mention of a
domain-specific language for hardware.  I remember something about
circuit board layouts/layers/etc.
I thought it was in Jim W.'s DSL talk, but I just ran through the
presentation slides, and didn't see it.  Maybe it was something he
pulled up on his laptop, outside of the presentation?

--Wilson