I'm delighted to announce that Chad Fowler's new book, Rails Recipes,
is now available
as a Beta Book.

This is  a great title for folks who know Rails, and for folks who
want to get the most out of Rails. It contains detailed recipes for
doing real-world things with Rails, all illustrated with working
code. Some examples are drawn from Rails 1.1, the rest from Rails 1.0.

If you're used to other recipe-style books, you'll be surprised by
the depth Chad goes to in this book. These aren't the usual "How to
substitute a string into a template" recipes. Instead, you'll find
code to solve the kinds of problems you face in real applications:
using multiple databases, handling sortable lists, using tags, and
many, many more.

Right now, we're about 1/3 done. The current beta PDF contains 21
recipes: we'll be growing it to about 70 recipes over the coming
months. As well as the opportunity for the usual great feedback, one
reason we're releasing this early is to solicit ideas for other
recipes folks would like to see.

As always with our Beta Books, you'll be able to get lifetime updates
to the PDF, both during the beta process and for the life of this
edition of the book. If you also order the paper book, it'll ship
just as soon as we have it in stock (probably sometime in May or
June, but you know what authors are like...)

You can buy the book via http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_rr

Thanks

Dave