Rubyist wrote:
[. .  .]
> I haven't liked them. But curly braces may me quite better.

I'd vote for curly braces, if it's possible at all.  (Curly braces are
already used for blocks, so I'm not sure it's possible/feasible.)

In fact, "do", "then", "end", etc. make one-liners harder to read
and, as a result, make them less valuable.  Compare,
for example,

    if cond then meth this; func that end  #(1)

with

   if (cond) {meth this; func that}  #(2)

The second is easier to grasp at a glance.  Why?
Because "names" are written in words and grammatical
constructions are written in symbols (except for "if").
Code (1) is harder to read because everything is a word.

In any case, however, I'm quite happy with Ruby.  This issue
is very minor at best.  All I'm saying is, if possible, I prefer
the style of code (2).

Regards,
Ryo