On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 18:13 +0900, Paul Johnston wrote:
> Hi
> I'm creating some embedded ruby web pages under Linux and Apache 2.0
> and after showing what it can do I like to display the source code.
> I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this than what I am
> doing at present. An example is where I wish to show the line
> containing

Do you mean like this?

	  <head>
	    <title>Just code</title>
	  </head>

	    <h1>Here is the code</h1>

	    <pre><code><%= ERB::Util.html_escape(File.read(__FILE__)) %>
	    </pre></code>

Alternatively, if you mean showing it in blocks you'll have to escape it
anyway, or the browsers will eat it, won't they? So just pass them
through html_escape.

Alternatively, check out Rote (http://rote.rubyforge.org) for some
ERB-based ruby-code-macro supporting syntax highlighting fun, where you
can just do:

	#:code#ruby
	class SomeClass < Other
	  def etc(&blk)