> But the point which I missed was this: I thought that my illegal
> attachments could hurt the authors or publishers just as much as "a
> fly's bite", not more.

I have very strong opinions about theft/piracy and arguments such as
this (or "info wants to be free" or "I wouldn't have paid for it
anyway" arguments)...  but such opinions usually fall on deaf ears.
Anyway else want to try that, go ahead...

However, here's what I will say.  When you received those documents,
there is an implicit trust (and, more likely, explicit) that both you
and the authors/publishers enter into when you purchased those
documents. You broke that trust.  Maybe that means nothing to you, but
to most everyone else on this list, you have harmed the community, not
just now, but also for the future.  Think about that next time before
you act.