Rubyist schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I *REALLY* love Ruby very much. But I always find those "end"s somewhat
> ugly ( thousands of excuses to Matz ). I sometimes feel myself wishing
> that Ruby use indentation (as Python does) instead of "end"s.

if a text is accidentally reformatted (alt-q in emacs, it seems to me
ruby users are more often vim users, at least on this list) semantic is
destroyed, as in python. This is not the case with i.e. javascript or perl.

Maybe ruby as "javascript on steroids" would have  even more success.
Blocks could be written with do

container.each do(i,j) { /* like |i,j| */ ..... }

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Fritz Heinrichmeyer FernUniversit?t, LG ES, 58084 Hagen (Germany)