ok... got the thttpd server up and running :)

i installed it on my rs-mmc card (1GIG).
i have resized and put ext3 fs on it and mounted it on /Root as
described in (http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ExtendedRootFilesystem)

so in /Root/opt (where i put all my own stuff, that is not installed
with app-installer-tool) i installed thttpd

/Root/opt/ > dpkg -x thttpd_2.21b-11.2_arm.deb ./

changes i made in /Root/opt/etc/thttpd/thttpd.conf :

logfile=/Root/opt/var/log/thttpd.log
throttles=/Root/opt/etc/thttpd/throttle.conf
dir=/Root/opt/var/www

then, started it with:
/Root/opt/usr/sbin/thttpd -C /Root/opt/etc/thttpd/thttpd.conf -c
'/cgi-bin/*'

next i setup a test cgi script called test, which calls ruby to puts
'cgi hello world' on your brouwser screen.

vi /Root/opt/var/www/cgi-bin/test (yes, i installed vim too :))

#!/usr/bin/ruby
print "content-type: text/html\n\n"
puts "cgi hello world"

start your brouwser on your 770 and goto: 127.0.0.1:cgi-bin/test
and guess what....it works!!!!

do you smell the endless oppertunities now that this works.....i
do...:)

just have to make it start on bootup, but that should not be too hard,
since i don that for the ssh server also .... :)

have fun.

greeting, mischa