Matz:

> |Q4: is there some way to redefinine "if (null) then ... else
> .... end"
> |to do neither the then nor the else statement!
>
> Sorry, there's no such way.  I've learned users often go beyond
> designers' imagination.

Lame work-around:

def null
  raise "bypassing both then and else"
end

puts "before if"
begin
  if null then
    puts "then"
  else
    puts "else"
  end
rescue
  puts "whee... skipped if"
end
puts "after if"

before if
whee... skipped if
after if

	- Aleksi

Ps. sorry about our company policy causing the following:

This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message may contain information that is private and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution, dissemination or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return E-mail and remove the original message. Thank You. The content of this message is not given or endorsed by HEX unless such content relates to the official business of the firm.
HEX reserves the right to monitor all E-mail communications through its networks. The attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving our E-mail server. HEX shall not be liable for any consequences of any virus being passed on.