"Curt Hibbs" <curt.hibbs / gmail.com> wrote in message
news:31d15f490601301532o5686dfe9j89d54773027cc80d / mail.gmail.com...
=== One-Click Ruby Installer 184-16 preview2 is available! ===

By popular demand, preview2 goes back to including SciTE as its
bundled code editor, and includes the promised upgrade of FXRuby to
1.4.4. Everything else in the preview1 announcement is still correct.

[ .. snip .. snip ... ] why won't OE indent the original message lines with
 > ? I TOLD it to.

Possible problem with rdocs for the installer.

Windows XP Pro
I did a full uninstall of the previous one click installer before installing
the preview use ruby184-16p2.exe.  After the install, ri, fxri, rdocs in
freeride were not working correctly.  Everything I could see was doubled,
and most was giving messages about multiple matches.  EG.
>ri String#upcase!
More than one method matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

     String#upcase!, String#upcase!

I traced this to the docs being in both the site and system folders
... ruby\share\ri\1.8\site
... ruby\share\ri\1.8\system

I removed the contents of the site directory, and everything seems to be
working again.

--
Phil
remove all of the (at)'s to send email