Yes I really like the end statements, and they make it easier for
beginners.  It's possible to support both indenting and end statements
(i.e. support one mode or the other), and you don't need python's
redundant and unnecessary colons.  I implemented this myself in a
parser.  I don't think it is appropriate for ruby, however.

What would be even better would be to allow optional labels after end
statements, such as "end class", "end def", so the parser can catch
more errors.
I've implemented this as well in a separate project.