"Rubyist" <nuby.ruby.programmer / gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1138571607.569617.32920 / z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I *REALLY* love Ruby very much. But I always find those "end"s somewhat
> ugly ( thousands of excuses to Matz ). I sometimes feel myself wishing
> that Ruby use indentation (as Python does) instead of "end"s.
>
> Today, I have seen a post in:
>
> http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=146091
>

> As far as I know, Bruce Eckel is a competent programmer and when I saw
> that he was agree with me, I surprised.
>
> What do you think about those "end"s? Do you *REALLY* like them?
> Will Ruby-2 offer an alternative? Well, maybe not "indentation" but
> will another solution be available?

I've got to declare that I also like the idea of dropping the ends a la
Python, although if the effect of that is that your whitespace becomes
strict I'm not sure which way is better. I have looked at some of my and
other people's Ruby code and often been tempted to select those last 5
'ends' and hit the delete button. : )

Luke