OK, bare with me, this is brainstorming of a sorts:
I want to have some kind of event notification from my classes.
Typically what I would do would be to pass a logger object and let the
class log by itself, but I'm not really satisfied with this solution in
most cases.

What I would prefer was define a callback method and give this to the
object. Then I could do whatever I want with it and not only use logs.
Mostly I want to have progress reports.

something like

class A
   def set_callback notify
     @notify=notify
   end
   def something
     puts "something"
     send(@notify) if @notify

def coocoo
	puts "hey"
end
a=A.new
a.something
a.set_callback(:coocoo)
a.something

Now this does exactly what I want and can be wrapped up in a module to
be included for general use.
Question: Is there a "better" solution? What are my alternatives?
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva