On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, MenTaLguY wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 08:14 +0900, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:
>> anyone out there written a parser that makes ruby dl bindings for *.h files?
>> seems like such a beast would exist.
>
> Well, you'd need more than just a parser, since you'd often have to pick
> up on typedefs and other type information.
>
> I wonder whether writing an alternate swig backend or something might
> work.

that's about what i was thinking too.  the cool thing about it would be that
you'd end up with 'portable' ruby extension requiring no compilation...
probably too big for me - i'm waiting for ryan davis to jump on ;-)

-a

--
happiness is not something ready-made.  it comes from your own actions.
- h.h. the 14th dali lama