On 1/30/06, tsumeruby / tsumelabs.com <tsumeruby / tsumelabs.com> wrote:

> I as well. Perhaps some of our friends at Yahoo can get his IP to track him?

What's the point? While he has violated copyright he did not appear to
do it maliciously, and he is likely from a country where copyright is
not so sanctified as it is in the US and Europe. The cat is out of the
bag and it is extremely difficult to determine what "lost revenue" his
copyright violation may have caused for the copyright holders. Likely
not enough to warrant paying lawyers to track him down and try to sue.

It is likely that some of those who did not delete the emails, read
the books and liked them will choose to purchase the real thing,
either for the paper version or just to pay for the electronic version
out of fairness. Some may not.

I think part of living in the modern internet connected world is
realizing that any copyrighted content you produce will be "pirated"
by some people. I think that needs to be considered one of the costs
of doing business in that realm.

The music and movie companies' campaigns to completely eliminate all
copyright violations are unrealistic and will result in more misery
for the average person than they will solve problems.

Ryan