------art_11050_27563360.1138560705449

On 1/29/06, Alex Polite <notmyprivateemail / gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/28/06, Stefan Walk <stefan.walk / gmail.com> wrote:
> > When you get used to it, it's quite handy. Some methods return integers,
> > and false values on failures. If 0 was false, you'd have to distinguish
> > between 0 and false/nil when checking for success.

Dynamic typing in Ruby also aids the use of false = false and 0 = 0.

In Java I can't suddenly say that my variable contains a 'False' value. I
would have to make my int = 0 and detect the rationale behind that specific
integer. Dynamic typing solves this because myVariable = 5 and later it can
equal 'false' when it really is false (rather than a
number that represents false)

-Clint

------art_11050_27563360.1138560705449--