On 1/27/06, rubikitch <rubikitch / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> From: Simon Strandgaard <neoneye / gmail.com>
> > Howto capture stdout + stderr from jobs invoked with rake?
> >
> > I run rake from cron. I have a
>
> cd /path/to/backup; rake 2>&1 >> /log/handybackup.log

Aha.. I did'nt knew redirection was possible.. very nice.

I had to put it in paranthesis for it to work.. maybe parenthesis is a
bash thing.

(rake 2>&1) >> log

anyways.. it works ;-)

> And `tail -f /log/handybackup.log' will help you.
> I use GNU Screen and have many `tail -f' windows in Screen.

GNU Screen is nice as well.. its been a while since I tried it out.
I wonder how to automaticly launch screen with a bunch of
'tail -f somelog'..  I have looked through some tutorials,
but they are mostly about what the keystrokes does.

> > desc "creates a hotcopy backup of the repository."
> > task :backup => [:clean] do
>
> I think the `backup' task shold be splitted into some small tasks.

Indeed its long.. I will split it. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay.

--
Simon Strandgaard