On 1/28/06, Matthew Smillie <M.B.Smillie / sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2006, at 20:51, Alex Polite wrote:
>
> > OK. Here's my second stupid question for today.
> >
> > What's the rational behind having 0, [] and "" evaluate to true? ""
> > and [], I could kind of see. But 0, how on Gods earth can 0 true?
>
> 0 *the integer* is only false by convention,

Well I do understand that it's a convention. They same is true for a
lot of things. Like the positioning of gas and break pedals in cars.
It's just a convention. But when GM puts a new car in the market they
don't swap them. My question is why the constructors of Ruby did?
alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source