On Friday 27 January 2006 06:46 am, Dave Howell wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2006, at 13:32, tsumeruby / tsumelabs.com wrote:
> > Have you tried the postgres-pr library? The library was brought to my
> > attention in another email.
>
> Yes, some months ago, but the installation failed utterly. I don't even
> recall what all I got in error messages. Also, I asked on this list a
> couple weeks ago which of the two (well, three, but two of them are the
> same thing with different names,) libraries to use, and was steered
> toward the non-pure-Ruby library.

I see it.. "postgres-ing? Too many choices!" I don't understand how one could
use a library over another just by someone making a comment, "AFAIK, it's not
as functional as the native extensions". Perhaps you should give the ruby
extension another shot, and post bug reports at any errors you receive. Pure
ruby solutions keep the sanity back in the programmer.

Tsume