On Jan 25, 2006, at 11:53 PM, Matthew Moss wrote:

> I love mathematics.

Are there pills for that?!

Seriously, thank you Matthew for another wildly popular problem and
top-notch summary!

This ends a sensational run of eight contributed quizzes and two
contributed summaries.  Thanks to all for the wonderful support.

Now back to the summary...

> class Array
>   def reverse_each
>     map {|x| x.reverse}
>   end
> end

[snip]

> My only complaint here is the name; I'm used to
> seeing a number of "each" methods in Ruby as iterators that yield to a
> block. Given the naturn of the problem, i would have preferred
> "reflect_h" or similar.

It also clobbered the reverse_each() iterator that already exists for
Array:

 >> [1, 2, 3].reverse_each { |n| puts n }
3
2