On 1/26/06, Kevin Brown <blargity / gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright, here it is.  I'm not even client authing yet.  Psql connects
> just fine and lets me know it's SSLing the connection.  Ruby code from
> the same machine to the same machine says:
>
> #<PGError: SSL error: sslv3 alert handshake failure>
>
> which I can't find anything about using Google.

I googled "sslv3 alert handshake failure" which resulted in almost 12k
hits.  I don't think you'd find much if you include PGError in the
search.  In any case, the fact that psql is working while
ruby-postgres is not, is confusing.  The thing is, the ruby-postgres
extension contains no SSL logic, it leaves it all in the hands of
libpq.

is your ruby process and psql process being run under the same user?

Dave