On Jan 26, 2006, at 5:25 AM, Alex Combas wrote:
> I've always thought of classes like blueprints, and objects like,
> well, objects
> made from the blueprints. So thinking of classes as objects themselves
> that have :attributes, @@variables, and def methods kind of wrecks
> my "blueprint" metaphore.

Just expand your model a bit.  Think of classes as factories that
build objects according to some blueprint.  Every now and then
the factory shuts down to be re-tooled.  The machines are updated,
the blueprint is altered, then the factory reopens and produces a
slightly
different object and, as a bonus, all the previously manufactured
objects are magically upgraded to the new version also.

Gary Wright