On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 19:25 +0900, Alex Combas wrote:

> Here is my question: Does having class variables (@@) and
> class methods (MyClass.foo) destroy the whole OO design concept?
> I've always thought of classes like blueprints, and objects like, well, objects
> made from the blueprints. So thinking of classes as objects themselves
> that have :attributes, @@variables, and def methods kind of wrecks
> my "blueprint" metaphore.

In your terms I'd probably say that Classes are Objects that represent a
blueprint for other Objects. All Objects, including Classes, are built
from a Class blueprint. All Objects, including Classes, can have
additional capabilities added to their blueprint, and can get new
capabilities custom made after they leave the factory, too.

And I'd ignore @@vars, what I've seen so far suggests it's the best
thing to do most of the time :>