Alan Garrison wrote:
> James Britt wrote:
>
>> Alan Garrison wrote:
>>
>>> [obligatory] Anyone have any idea when www.ruby-lang.org will get the
>>> facelift that was designed a while ago [/obligatory]
>>>

>> Trust me, this always takes longer than you expect.  Especially when
>> it's something that gets done "when you have free time."
>>

> Sure -- Is it just a time-to-deploy issue or is there additional work
> that needs to be done for this?  (As far as being able for others to
> volunteer some time/code)

Most of the immediate work is tracking down broken links.  The site had
become, on the server, a fair mess of files and folders and sym links,
and swapping out pages was far less clean than it should have been.

I will probably write something to crawl the site and give me a link
status report that doesn't bury me in the obvious.

Longer-term I need to add a smarter search facility and a version of the
API docs that allow for user comments;  I've started working with RDog (
Nitro/Og application), so if you have knowledge of Nitro/Og/RDog (or are
interested in learning about these things) then I could use a hand on
some things.

Thanks,

James Britt
---