anne001 wrote:
> Lately I have been trying various things and I am amazed at what all
> the new technology requires from people.

Many, if not most, open-source tools and libraries are written by geeks
for geeks.  Even when people take the time to write proper documentation
there are often many, many assumptions made about the audience.  Most
assume that people are running on some *nix variant, know their way
around the command line, have root access, a C complier, and a working
knowledge of some ancillary technology (SQL, regular expressions, HTML,
etc.)

You best bet for getting going with Rails is to get the Rails book from
Pragmatic Press, and join the Rails dev mailing list

http://list.rubyonrails.org

The Rails community is warm and welcoming to newcomers and will gladly
help you get up to speed.

James Britt