Last Paragraph from PragDaves blog post:
"For this reason, I honestly don't mind other publishers blatantly
ripping us off. But I'd rather they didn't. Instead, I'd rather they
found their own ways of innovating, and build their own ideas that
others found useful. The publishing industry is in transition. It
needs all the good ideas it can get. All publishers should contribute
in their own way to the reshaping of the industry. Simply aping
someone else's success won't help the community as a whole."

Good ideas deserve to be shared, kudos to the Pragmatic publishing group.
However its bad taste to complain when the people coming behind you
borrow your ideas.
Instead be proud you've actually had the wit and luck to lead pack in
a new direction, not many get that chance, and don't forget just how
much knowledge you in turn have had to borrow from predecessors to get
to where you are today.

--
Alex Combas
http://noodlejunkie.blogspot.com/