Stefan Mahlitz wrote:

Thanks for your response Stefan!

>> How can I catch these errors?
>
> Change the rescue-line to:
>
>> rescue Net::IMAP::NoResponseError, Net::IMAP::ByeResponseError, Net::IMAP::BadResponseError

That was going to be my next try.  Hmmm.... last time I tried putting
more than one exception on a rescue statement I got a syntax error??
I'll try again -- must have been some other issue.

> and so on. Maybe it helps to rescue Net::IMAP::Error only, but can't
> have a look at the implementation of the other exceptions at the moment.

Just a check on my understanding of how things *should* work:

I thought that an unadorned "rescue" *should* catch *all* exceptions.
Is this correct?  Should I file a bug report?  Where to?

Russell