What's the best (and simplest) method of having a menu item produce
another widget (a menu for example)? So far I have code as shown below
which calls a simple button. I'd like to use the proc{foo}  method so
that I can call another file. The idea is to have each type of widget
organised into many smaller files.

It the proc{require 'another_widget'} way possible or recommended?

here's a menu entry that calls another widget....

    [['Blah', 0],
        ['command', proc {
          toplevelwindow = TkToplevel.new(root) {
            title "New window"
            #geometry("50x50+100+100")
            #configure('bg'=>"black")
          }

         toplevelbutton = TkButton.new(toplevelwindow) {
           text "Close"
           command proc { toplevelwindow.destroy }
         }.place('x'=>10, 'y'=>10)
       }],