Hi,

I've extensively used WIN32OLE.rb to program against excel data and
Access databases via ADO. Even after generating the wrappers using the
generator tool COM object calls are excrutiatingly slow (indeed I
noticed no difference despite what it says in pickax2; and yes I did
modify my code to instantiate the wrapper's constructor)

I hate to say it but I've ended up doing quite a lot of VB instead of
Ruby simply because I can't live with the speed penalty.

It is so slow that it would indicate to me a problem in win32ole.

Any comments?

Greg