Mark Volkmann wrote:
> This is what I've tried. I suspect I'm not passing the form data
> correctly. The response is a Net::HTTPBadRequest.

There seems to be a couple of issues:

1) Looking at the URL you specified, I'm not sure you can POST to it; as
far as I can tell, the calculator there is implemented client-side using
the Javascript contained in /pacecalc.js. This doesn't necessarily mean
it can't accept POST requests, but it's worth checking that first.

2) When I run your code, I see the following HTTP:

  POST pace_calculator.htm HTTP/1.1
  Accept: */*
  Host: www.runningbuzz.com

  timeM57CalcWhat2timeH2optPacemilestimeS17optDistmilesdistance26.2

That's clearly wrong. If you look at the docs for Net/HTTP you'll see
that "data" must be a string, not a hash. So rather than a hash, you
want a string like 'CalcWhat=2&timeH=2' etc. Check Net::HTTP#post.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Steve
--
Stephen Hildrey
E-mail: steve / uptime.org.uk   / Tel: +442071931337