"Zach" wrote
> >  I've another question I'd like to pose the Ruby community. Coming
> > from a Java background, so I'm rather used to "camelCase" as opposed
> > what looks to be the standard "ruby_case".
> >
> > Not trying to incite flame_wars or the like, looking for honest
> > opinions.

The quote below is just one other person's opinion, but if you know
what that person has accomplished then perhaps you understand why
that opinion has value:

   "I eschew embedded capital letters in names; to my prose_riented
eyes,
    they are too awkward to read comfortably.  They jangle like bad
typography."

Quote is from:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/pikestyle.html