------art_13802_13656421.1138043848777

Can't find the author of the cook book but the rails book is written by
Bruce A. Tate and Curt Hibbs.

I got a copy of each book, the layout is very readable (doesn't hold a
candle to the pragmatic beta books layout, those are great).  Cookbook has
interesting little code snippets then talks about what was done, very
concise.  Rails books looks like a basic tutorial on rails has some nice
screenshots built in so you can see what its supposed to look like when you
perform a function, etc.  If any one wants more info let me know and when I
have a chance to read more I'll post some info.

-David Torres