> Thanks for your work on this. Can you elaborate on what makes Mongrel so
> much faster than Webrick? What kind of optimization techniques did you
> use to make this faster. Are you using C extensions etc in part to speed
> things up. (I guess I'm looking for a bit of a architectural overview
> with a webrick arch. comparison to boot if you used that as inspiration)
>
> Just curious! :)

Yeah, me too. What I wonder about in specific is why not just rewrite the
performance critical parts of webrick in C. That way you would already have
the massive amount of features webrick offers without having to duplicate
all of this. I wonder if you have been thinking about that and the reason
you might have decided against doing it this way.

Just curious, too! :)

-Sascha