Thanks Alciato, it seems to be pretty portable so far, so the
inclusion of the small C extension isn't such a bad idea.

One thing though--and I'm just picking nits though--Siege is a really
bad tool for performance testing.  Try out httperf or even
apachebench since they give much more accurate statistics.  Also,
you'll want to run many more requests.   It takes 10000 on my machine
to get a stable performance characteristics.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and watch for more.

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/