On Jan 20, 2006, at 1:00 PM, Jon Smirl wrote:

> On 1/20/06, Zed Shaw <zedshaw / zedshaw.com> wrote:
>
> WEBrick does not implement application roles which are implemented on
> both Lighttpd and Apache. It would be nice if any new servers
> implemented this feature, it would make it easier to test/deploy
> things without involving Apache.

I believe I've heard this before, but I've never been clear *why*
it's needed.  Is it just so you can have lighttpd server static files
after checking if the access is allowed?

> http://www.fastcgi.com/devkit/doc/fastcgi-whitepaper/fastcgi.htm
>     * Responder. This is the basic FastCGI role, and corresponds to
> the simple functionality offered by CGI today.
>     * Authorizer. The FastCGI program performs an access control
> decision for the request (such as performing a username/password
> database lookup).

I'm thinking this wouldn't be too hard, but like I said previously
I'm not quite sure what's involved.  Is it possible for you to
describe the problem less in terms of what you need and more in terms
of what you want to do?  That might help me.

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/