Have anyone successfully  used the win32ole library for ruby?
I have been testing with the 1.6.1 windows installer distribution and
recently with the 1.6.4 distribution.

The first time I gave up on it because it couldn't iterate without crashing.
In the latest release there is a comment about having fixed the each
operation, so I guess that should do it, and it also works fine now.

But then I get method not found errors when working with ole automation
(i.e. script friendly) COM interfaces when there is an optional property in
the interface.

Now I could understand it, if it worked consistently - but on one machine,
it fails if all arguments are optional, on another machine it fails earlier
on a method that has an optional property which is not the first argument.

This is disappointing: In 2 lines of code you can dump the names of all
tables in an Access database. But that is no good if the api isn't stable.

In my experience win32ole does not appear mature for production usage. And
this is really a shame. It would be nice to use Ruby on the windows
platform, but without proper .Net or COM integration, it is simply too
circumstantial to use - even if Ruby by far is the easiest language to write
extensions in (except .Net using C++ managed extensions).

Mikkel