Zach wrote:

> Alrighty,
>
>    I've another question I'd like to pose the Ruby community. Coming
> from a Java background, so I'm rather used to "camelCase" as opposed
> to what looks to be the standard "ruby_case". (For those who don't
> know, If a method is java was named "DoSomething"  it would be called
> "doSomething" in Java, and likewise "do_something" in Ruby.)
>
> Arguments I've personally witnessed against Camel Case is Acronyms. If
> I have an "ABC" in Camel Case it I'd have to would be to break up the
> acronym like "aBC" if it appears at the beginning of the word. A lot
> of people try to push the word to the end, others say to have the
> whole acronym as lowercase "abc", but I think that is just a
> workaround for the problem not a solution.
>
> Once I started programming in ruby, I was a little surprised at the
> use of the underscore, but I'm wondering the sentiments of the
> programmers out there. Do you prefer word breaks by underscore or
> case? Does is look more readable? Does anything else irk you with
> Camel Case and/or Ruby's preference?
>
> Not trying to incite flame_wars or the like, looking for honest opinions.
>
> -Zach

I use a somewhat modified version of the camelCase to fit my needs. It's
not that I don't like other methods, I've just been used to this one and
that's it. I'm sure other methods are just as good, but the thing is, no
matter what language I use, my styling is always the same. Even when I'm
web programming. It's just a matter of pref, as usual.