Well, I started out as a C programmer many years ago, and after
several other languages, I ended up doing Java for much of the last 5
years and adopted the Sun Java coding conventions.  When I started
learning Ruby, its idioms, and its coding conventions, I was very
happy to see "ruby_case" which is what I did in C as far back as 16
years ago.