Zed Shaw wrote:

> I previously announce Mongrel 0.1.0, but since I released that late
> at night it of course had errors.  This is just a small announcement
> for the fixed source:
>
> http://www.zedshaw.com/downloads/mongrel-0.1.1.tar.bz2
>
> Please grab this one and give it a try.

This is a fantasy come true.  Works nicely on Linux.  Sensational!  An
era has opened.

I got Camping working with `register', but it needs both SCRIPT_NAME and
PATH_INFO filled properly to work right.  In the case of a script
mounted at /blog, a /blog/view request should end up as (following the
traditional CGI ways):

  SCRIPT_NAME = /blog
  PATH_INFO = /view

Anyway, here's a crappy postamble for any Camping scripts out there (none):

  if __FILE__ == $0
    Camping::Models::Base.establish_connection :adapter => 'sqlite3',
:database => 'blog3.db'
    Camping::Models::Base.logger = Logger.new('camping.log')
    require 'mongrel'

    class CampingHandler < Mongrel::HttpHandler
        def process(request, response)
            Object.instance_eval do
                remove_const :ENV
                const_set :ENV, request
            end
            ENV['PATH_INFO'] = '/'
            s = response.socket
            def s.<<(str)
                write("HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\n#{str}")
            end
            Camping.run('', response.socket)

    h = Mongrel::HttpServer.new("0.0.0.0", "3000")
    h.register("/blog", CampingHandler.new)
    h.run.join
  end

_why