On Jan 20, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Zach wrote:

> Does anyone see advantages to using Hungarian Case to variable
> names in
> Ruby, or do you think it may hinder as some people call "accidental
> abstraction" [Bill Davis] ?

I assume you know this, but just to be sure, Joel on Software has a
semi-famous article about the virtues of Hungarian Notation:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Wrong.html

If you make it all the way to the end of that, it talks about how the
notation is intended to show a "kind", not "type".  When used that
way, I can't decide if it interferes with Duck Typing or not...  A
great example is escaping me.

It may indeed be useful, but it is hard to argue that it isn't ugly.  ;)

James Edward Gray II