Paul Brannan wrote:
> I guess what I'd like to see is not necessarily a standard, but really
> really thorough documentation.  The pickaxe book is good, but not
> complete.  Unfortunately, such a document would probably be at least as
> long as the C99 standard (about 550 pages), and someone would have to
> maintain it, which is no small task.

When I first came across Perl six years ago, the two things that I found
most appealing about it were its lack of user memory management (malloc and
the like; I came from a C/C++ background) and its extensive documentation.
Ruby is a terrific language, but a lack of complete and rigorous
documentation could inhibit its more widespread adoption.

Brett Denner

--
 Brett W. Denner                    Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co.
 email: Brett.W.Denner / lmco.com     PO Box 748, MZ 9332