Hello,

1. question:
in 1.6.8 the line

rb_protect(rb_thread_stop, self, &iRes);

is working well, in 1.8.2 it produces an compile error.

Looking into "intern.h" shows a difference between both versions
1.6.8:
VALUE rb_protect _((VALUE (*)(), VALUE, int*));
VALUE rb_thread_stop _((void));

1.8.2:
VALUE rb_protect _((VALUE (*)(VALUE), VALUE, int*));
VALUE rb_thread_stop _((void));

Is this a bug or is it not longer allowed to give rb_thread_stop as
first parameter?

2. question:
Because we are developing for railway organizations, we have a
track-element called "Signal". Therefore we have also created a
corresponding class Signal (using it a long time and in many
applications). This is in conflict with ruby 1.8.
Do we have any chance to omit the change of the class name to be
compliant with 1.8?

With kind regards

Burkhard Boerner

--
+-------V-------+ Burkhard Boerner   *** TB/AEZ ***
+ A L C A T E L + Transport Automation Systems Berlin