> I want to develop a ruby application with some simple graphics (lines,
> curves, and text), that can run on both Linux and Windows.  I'm familiar
> with Tcl/Tk, but I can't get ruby/Tk working together on my Windows
system.
> Any advice on how to do that, or an alternate solution, would be greatly
> appreciated.

If you just can't get Tk to work, I'd also suggest taking a look at FXRuby
(which works pretty well on both Linux and Windows). Here's a link to the
home page:

    http://fxruby.sourceforge.net

but I think that if you give a little more information, someone on this
newsgroup can get you up-and-running with Tk. Are you using the "standard"
Ruby-on-Windows installer from the Pragmatic Programmers' web site? Is it
the case that some Tk example programs run correctly, but your program has
some problems?