Hi --

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, David Vallner wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:37:50 +0100, <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
>

>> I think we're talking about two different things.  I'm referring to
>> Ruby Behaviors, Import Module, and a third project whose name I can't
>> remember but which does something similar: allow for temporary changes
>> to core classes.
>>

>> David
>>

> Heh, apparently, I had the standard modification of existing classes in mind,
> without extra scoping libraries all the time. Happens. I blame the caffeine.

My segue from the first of those topics to the second may have been
unclear.  I agree that changing core/standard classes, in code that is
going to be shared, is a bad idea.  My first round of thinking through
this problem (expressed in ruby-talk:14556) led me to write Ruby
Behaviors, the main positive effect of which (since it's not much more
than a proof-of-concept library) was to spark a discussion at RubyConf
2001 about selector namespaces... and hopefully that will bear fruit
in Ruby 2.x.

David

--
David A. Black