On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:37:03 +0100, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists / gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/13/06, Thomas <sanobast-2005a / yahoo.de> wrote:
>> > Thanks. I didn't think about creating another ruby.bat file. There's a
>> > "cygpath" utility in cygwin, but I didn't figure out yet how to use it
>> > to call another program an to tell him which paths to use.
>>
>> I think you can run ruby using something like
>>
>> bash -c "ruby '$(cygpath -u %1)' %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9"
>>
>> Maybe you could put this into some kind of ruby.bat. I don't know if
>> cmd.exe provided this kind of substitution which would make things
>> easier.
>
> Thanks again for all the proposals, but the part with "$(cygpath -u
> %1)" doesn't work:
> ruby: No such file or derectory -- $(cygpath -u ) (Load Error)
>
> No luck this time.
>
> (The problem on the "bash" side, not on the "command-line" side I
> suppose.)
>
> Mojca

The $() seems to try and execute the path... A slip of the mind? My first
guess would be using backticks instead of the '$()', but that has issues
with the backslashes being processed in the path I give it when trying
out, and I smell rocky waters ahead. And by rocky, I mean some
sed-massaging of %1 (it doesn't get much rockier), and I'll honestly admit
my sed knowledge is very bad.

Did you check out that hint from that guy that posted on google groups
that didn't get replicated to the list? It just might end up a lot less
painful.

David Vallner