On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:53:37 +0100, <gwtmp01 / mac.com> wrote:

> It seems strange to want Range to behave like an interval and to
> also want Range#to_a to create a list of elements that don't all
> belong in that same interval.

It's a Convenient Hack (tm), and those are extremely hard to weed out once
they catch hold. It's the same as when people use #eval that must a
nightmare to the brave folks working on optimizing YARV (I want my clean
blocks!) instead of the much cleaner metaprogramming facilities in Ruby
that let you achieve 99% of what I've seen hacked with evals anyway. (Very
obfuscated eval hacks notwithstanding).

David Vallner