------art_13119_23191130.1137195253503

> What's the overall idea of the bridge: to allow Ruby to be called from,
> say, C# code, or to write Ruby code and compile it into a .net assembly?

The bridge allows you to manipulate C# objects from Ruby, which is different
form the scenarios that you present. It also supports callbacks - that is
you can write event handlers for CLR events in Ruby. So it is a two-way
bridge in this sense. It's currently a non-goal for the bridge to support
creating CLR objects using Ruby, although I can imagine how that could be
done.

I thought it would be the latter, but when you mention it does not yet
> support generics, etc. I got confused (I wouldn't use generics if I'm
> writing Ruby code).

If you want to consume CLR objects, you need to support generics. The WinFX
libraries use generics heavily.

-John
http://www.iunknown.com

------art_13119_23191130.1137195253503--