On Jan 12, 2006, at 11:58 PM, J. Ryan Sobol wrote:

> Although I enjoy leading an initiative, I still feel pretty green
> to the language and don't yet feel comfortable starting a Ruby-
> focused group on my own.

Why not?

Leading the group doesn't require you know much of anything about
Ruby.  It requires you be the contact point and planner.  You ensure
that meetings are scheduled and content is ready for them.  This is a
service you can provide for those that do know Ruby better than you,
which in turn allows you to learn from them.  All it takes is a
little drive...

> Perhaps if I had the assistance of some experienced Ruby hackers...

"If you build it, they will come."  ;)

James Edward Gray II